If you want to become instantly great in front of any audience, then improving your presentation skills is a must.
But the question is…
Where do you begin?
There are a lot of online presentation course options out there, and that’s not always a good thing. Especially if you don’t know where to start.
What exact skill should you focus on first? (Powerful presentations combine different skills such as copywriting, design, psychology and public speaking)
And also, how do you actually chose a course?
Luckily for you, I’ve done the heavy work and shortlisted the top 11 presentation skills training courses that will help you improve your presentation skills, so you can plan, design and deliver effective presentations.
How to Assess If an Online Course is a Good Fit For You
Before heading to the reviews, there’s one thing I recommend you to do first (it takes less than two minutes). And it’s going to help you save a lot of time down the line.
Answer the two questions below:
Write down your answers.
See, the point of investing in an online presentation course is to give you a transformation. Basically, to get you from A (your current situation) to B (your ideal situation).
If you can’t name WHAT you’re after and WHY you’re after it, you won’t be able to identify what you need to get there.
It’s that simple.
With that said, let’s dive right in.
Quick Jump to Boxes
I want to…
(Just click the box that fits with your goals)
The Best Online Presentation Skills Courses
The table below aims to provide you a quick recap of the online courses selected.
Click on “course name” to access the detailed review, or directly on “check price” to access the course material.
|Course Name||What you’ll learn||Time|
|Advanced Copywriting Strategies (Editor’s Choice)||How to write effective copy to convert more prospects into customers (Yes, copywriting is about writing in a way that convinces people to buy from, and then apply that skill to your sales presentations, flyers, web pages, and more)||3 hours|
|Advanced PowerPoint Speed Training||How to save a huge amount of time using PowerPoint, while building solid slides that impress.||7 hours|
|Mac Keynote: Creating Presentations On Your Mac||How to master Keynote so you can design creative, slick slides for your personal projects.||3.5 hours|
|Presenting To Persuade||How to craft memorable presentations that enroll your audience members in a journey with you.||40 minutes|
|New Business: Give a Great New Business Pitch Presentation||How to deliver an irresistible, deal-closing business presentation to your prospects.||1 hour|
|How to make a winning investor pitch that maximizes your chances of raising money.||3.5 hours|
|How To Deliver Memorable Pitches Everyday||How to perform attention-grabbing pitches that get your message across and make a fantastic impression, every single time (FREE).||1 hour|
|Public Speaking Done Different||How to speak in public with confidence and level yourself up to expert at breakneck speed.||2 hours|
Public Speaking: You Can be a Great Speaker within 24 Hours (Editor’s Choice)
|How to become a more effective speaker, no matter what is your role: small meeting to business pitch or national television.||1.5 hour|
|Public Speaking & Presentations: Give An Amazing Lecture !||How to give a deliver a lecture that generates excitement and engagement.||1.5 hour|
Write Great, Persuasive Copy
You might be wondering:
What is a copywriting course actually doing here? If that’s the case, I’d recommend you to keep reading and you’ll discover why (and learn how to avoid these costly mistakes that kill your sales along the way).
Well, tell me if this sounds familiar:
- “How do all these people with new businesses get others to buy from them so quickly?”
- “There are folks who need my help but I don’t know what do to so they instantly see that they need me…”
- “Our company has solid products but people go on your website and end up leaving without buying anything…”
Businesses routinely lose customers because their copywriting sucks (but that’s great news):
Here’s another one:
Snap! Take a look at this one:
Now, let me ask you a question:
Do you understand what all these consultants are doing, specifically?
Could you explain – with your own words – what these companies are doing to your best friend?
NO. YOU COULDN’T.
That’s why their copy sucks.
Copywriting is about getting information into someone’s brain that gets them hungry to buy.
With smoking hot copy, you can prompt people to take action, like….
Subscribing to your services:
And much more !
What makes copywriting so powerful is the incredible number of things you can do with it: sales pages, email marketing, web content, pitch decks, video scripts….
All of these are made of… words.
And those who master the power of copywriting know how to use the right words to rouse interest, crush objections, activate the purchasing triggers of their target customers.
Why most marketing is garbage (and how to fix it)
Here’s the good news for you:
Most businesses don’t seem to know any of this (Hence the consultant website screenshots I showed you earlier). They’re doing deadly, stupid mistakes that cost ’em a lot of money. And I want to share these mistakes with you today.
They are coming straight out from the Advanced Copywriting Course, which I’ll be taking about in a moment. If you apply them, you’ll basically install a whole new mindset in your marketing brain.
Tattoo this on your forehead:
People don’t care about you, they care about themselves, and about what you can do for them (more on that right here). Nobody cares about your “family owned” business , “20 years of experience” or “fully licensed” services.
Solve your customer’s most burning problems and get them the results they’re after.
Mistake #2: Irrelevant benefits
Yes, you should link features with benefits… that your customers actually want.
I know what you think:
“Well that’s obvious, Clemence.”
(My answer: If it was, everyone would do it)
Let’s get specific and take a look at an example:
Imagine being 30 pounds overweight. You have low energy and you’re pretty unhealthy. You’ve tried many times on dieting and you always give up… You’re getting heavier and heavier each month. You’ve stumbled upon two health related product websites.
One is owned by Billy, the other by Clemence (AKA me).
Here’s what you can read on Billy’s website:
(This, my friend, is boring like a 3-star holiday inn)
Then you’re heading to Clemence’s home page and start reading…
Who are you more tempted to buy from?
Mistake #3: Not specific enough
Tangible, reference-based copy works way better than bold statements no one can relate to.
Yes, numbers are your friend:
A: Get a ripped body fast
B: I’ll get you a year’s worth of results in just 60 days.
A: How to improve your finance quickly and claim back your freedom
B: The 3-step process to reducing 2,000 from credit card debt in 2 weeks or less
Which of these hooks sound more specific to you?
Every time you’re writing, BE ULTRA SPECIFIC and tie your copy to real, tangible benefits your customers want.
Are you selling solid products or services you’re proud of and want to promote them through your website, sales pages, emails or even presentations?
If yes, keep reading.
No matter where you are in business, this copywriting course will teach you everything you need to know to write great copy that seduces customers and help you sell more.
It’s a skill you will then be able to apply on ALL your marketing materials – much beyond presentations.
You see, to write compelling copy… you need to understand your customer’s pain points and problems as well as uncover their dreams and desires. You need to identify what really matters to them, so you can build trust, and write problem-solving, profitable copy faster.
The Advanced Copywriting Strategies course teaches you how to do that.
A step-by-step, 124-lecture copywriting program to rapidly write crazy good sales copy and turn more leads into buyers.
- Small business owners
- Online instructors/consultants
- Internet entrepreneurs
Actionable methods to write copy for your products/services such as:
- How to uncover what your reader wants before writing a single world
- Step-by-step strategies to helping customers “realize” why they need your product
- How to write sales pages that attract your ideal buyers (and repel those tire-kickers who’ll never buy from you)
- Fill-in-the-blank templates, scripts and formulas for sales pages, product descriptions and much more
My take on this course
Get My Message Across
Getting your message across is basically transferring information from brain A (yours) to a multiple set of other brains (your audience’s) in a way that engages and gets remembered.
The thing is…. it’s HARD to get remembered:
What should you focus on (aren’t there so many things you just want to tell them?)
How do you find out what truly matter to your audience?
How do you craft a compelling story that moves and engages them?
Seth Godin, your instructor.
A 40-minute crash-course that will rewire your brain (really), teach you how to engage with your audience and impact others with your presentations.
Anyone who uses Powerpoint or Keynote to make presentations. At work, at school, on stage or in a meeting.
- The four, essential elements of a persuasive slide deck (free preview)
- How to create compelling slides that that get your message across, influence, drive action, and move your audience from skeptical to committed in the shortest amount of time.
- Essential principles and concepts that will move you towards subtle shifts in mindset, and transformed the way you think – and use – presentations in the future.
My take on this course
TJ Walker, your instructor.
A 1 hour business presentation course that will reveal you the secrets behind pitches that win new businesses.
- Sales reps, business developers and marketers
- Business owners
- Executive presentation skills training strategies and techniques to help you give a new business pitch that closes more deals
- The most common blunders most people make in business pitches – and how to avoid them
- Rehearse presentations effectively on video
My take on this course
Master PowerPoint / Keynote
A 3.5 hour presentation design course that teaches you how to build Keynote presentations for work, school, online videos or personal projects.
- Mac Keynote users
- 50 snack-sized lessons that teach you how to design compelling slides with text, images and shapes.
- How to add video or audio, and animate your presentations
- Edit themes, create your owns from scratch, and more
Deliver an Amazing Pitch
It’s easy to dream about performing a deal-closing investor pitch – but it’s darn hard to actually do it.
Getting out there and giving your best shot to try to convince investors to give you money.
How do you actually get started?
Raising funds often starts with a potent idea…
But you’d be so wrong to think that’s the only reason. Because the truth, my friend, is that it doesn’t just take a nice, profitable business idea. See, those successful entrepreneurs didn’t just google “how to make a good investor pitch?” (If only we could trust what we find on internet…)
And even if you find good to great blog posts or videos telling you how to make a good pitch, now what? Would you actually know…
- What works and what doesn’t?
- The well-guarded secrets behind crafting an irresistible message and softly getting it across you audience?
- How to enter the mind of an investor – and how to address his doubts, burning questions and dreams?
- The exact slides to include in your deck, or which points to hit during the actual pitch?
The problem is, most online “experts”, bloggers and entrepreneurs never tell you what to do.
They’re pushing basic, shallow advice like “you only need 10 slides in your pitch deck” (oh, great thanks). The kind of tips that are missleading and don’t give you the key to actually raising funds for your company.
You deserve more than that.
A 3.5 hour course thats helps you build a solid investor pitch deck to raise money for your startup.
- Entrepreneurs and those seeking to raise money or gain support
- Those interested in learning about how investors think and act
- How to put together the building blocks of a winning pitch deck, slide-by-slide.
- Revealed! Wondering what happens on “the other side of the table”?
This section pulls back the curtain on how to think though the lens of investors and understand what they’re looking for in the deals they invest in (Hint: you’ll hear it from a real VC).
- Practical advice to tackle the actual presentation like a pro (what you should do, common mistakes and how to avoid them) … The mental checklist of all the points you need to hit during the pitch, even if you have zero experience presenting to an investor.
- Best practices, frameworks, and insights to leapfrog the competition and give you a serious advantage in raising funding.
My take on this course
ALERT! Free online presentation skills training.
This 1 hour course teaches you how to craft a solid elevator pitch – basically a hook designed to quickly get people interested in what you’ve got to say – so you can make a great impression or win more business.
- People interested in learning how to craft – and deliver – their message more effectively
- The mindset and elements behind great elevator pitches, and how to use them to your advantage
- How to rapidly create a pitch that works for you, no matter your goals or your audience
- After doing this course, you’ll have a full understanding of how to build and deliver an attention-grabbing pitch that gets your message across, every single time
Speak With Confidence
Every day, we are involved in situations where we have persuade, inform, or motivate others.
Persuade… a prospect that your product will solve his burning problem (or the hiring manager that you’re the right fit for this job).
Inform… your boss that Q4 results exceeded the targets (or that you failed at converting more leads into customers last week).
Motivate… co-workers to build new processes that’ll increase productivity at work (or your kids to exercise and eat right).
Each of those moments is an interaction that requires us to impact with our words, voice, and postures, while being able to manage our emotions and nerves.
And as you can see, that’s why speaking with confidence is important. It helps you grab – and keep – the attention of your audience, engage with them and convey your message with maximum impact.
Nathan Roberson, your instructor.
A fun and unconventional 2 hour course that teaches you how to speak with confidence, find your style and make an awesome impression.
- Total beginners who want to learn how to do public speaking.
- Experienced folks looking for new, fresh ideas to shine in public.
- The essential techniques and tricks to build the foundation of good public speaking, and go from noob to good, fast.
- Understand who you are and how to inject your style into your public speaking so you connect with people and win engagement.
- Ideas, strategies and tips you can pull from advanced public speaking forms to level yourself up to expert status, and go from great to awesome.
- And more !
My take on this course
TJ Walker, your instructor.
A solid 1.5 hour executive public speaking training course that teaches you how to become confident and captivating in front of an audience.
- Everyone looking to level up its public speaking skills
- Those whose jobs requires to frequently get up in front of people and talk
- How to reach your goals, in every single presentation
- How to craft compelling stories
- Strategies to cain 100% confidence by rehearsing your presentation the RIGHT way.
My take on this course
Jason Teteak, your instructor.
A 2-hour online public speaking course that shows you how to give a more compelling lecture, generate excitement and enthusiasm… even if your topics are boring or you’re not confident when speaking in public.
- Education Professionals
In this advanced public skills training course, you’ll learn ways and strategies to show confidence – no matter how nervous you are and what your presentation personality is (hint: there are four of those).
27 greatly detailed techniques you’ve never heard of to communicate more effectively every time you’re in front of your audience trying to get your message across, so they can get the things you know are so important (including how to connect with your students, captivate them right off the bat, get them to feel safe with you, or convince with your voice)
Exact illustrations of every thing you should do (things to say, how to use your tone, position your body, or even how to use notes to engage and excite your audience
- And much more
Why You Should Invest in Yourself (and an Unbeatable Guarantee)
There’s one thing successful people do:
…not only in real estate, stocks, or companies.
No, they invest in themselves.
No one ever said it was easy.
It’s actually HARD…
…because it’s much easier to sit there and:
consume information, reading blog post after blog post
say “I’ll do this some day”
or find excuses about why it works for others and not for you (“oh, but this doesn’t work in my industry”)
If you’ve decided you want to learn something new, let me tell you one thing:
That’s awesome and you should be proud.
To move forward, you have two choices:
1) Learn how to do it yourself
2) Hire the best experts to coach you (read books, attend trainings or seminars, take online courses, etc)
When you want to learn something, you have to pay a price.
It’s either money, time, or energy.
And no one else but you can chose.
(Ask yourself: How bad do you want it? Is this really a priority for me?)
Commitment is what separates wannabes from pros. All the online presentation courses listed in this guide are 100% risk free. It’s simple: you have a 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee. If you didn’t like the course, you’ll get a full refund.
PPTPOP is a participant in the Envato Affiliate Program, and we get a commission on purchases made through our links.